Grant opportunities for medical researchers at
the Austin precinct
The AMRF was established nearly half a century ago to support medical researchers at critical times in their research careers. AMRF funds:
- Young researchers to kick-start their careers
- Clinicians who would like to combine research and clinical work
- Established researchers with innovative ideas
The AMRF has no red tape and streamlined management. This means that researchers spend less time filling in forms and more time doing research.
We also have an excellent track record in research management and can help researchers to understand how best to fund their work.
In 2015, we awarded $400,000 in grants and funded 50% of applications. This represents a one-in-two chance of top-up funds for current projects, a seeding grant for a new idea or a priming grant for a new investigator. The AMRF also has individual awards for Distinguished Scientists and Young Investigators and a Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Applications Open on 1st July 2016
- Applications Close on 31st August 2016 , 5pm AEDT
- Grant results will be announced at a special event on Wednesday 14th December 2016 from 4.30 – 5.30pm
Education Lecture Theatre, Level 4, Austin Tower.
The AMRF Board invites you to join them at this event, which will be followed by wine and refreshments. Everyone welcome
Application forms (click to download)
Progress Report ( for projects funded by AMRF in 2016)